Tuesday tip - your daily bread
Today's tip is all about your daily bread. Yeasty bread can wreak havoc with a sensitive digestive tract. If you don't want to give up your bread altogether, try sourdough or a even a grain-free alternative such as the Almond / Walnut & Chia bread recipe below.
Almond and/or Walnut & Chia Bread
1 cup of almonds (preferably activated) – if you don’t like almonds, use walnuts instead
1 cup of walnuts (preferably activated)
4 tablespoons of chia seeds (black or white or a mix)
5 tablespoons of filtered water
1 ½ cups or arrowroot or besan or quinoa flour (or a combination if you prefer)
1 teaspoon of bi-carb soda
2 pinches of salt (I use Celtic salt)
4 organic eggs
2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, with the mother
1) Preheat your oven to 175 degrees Celsius, using the Gentle Bake setting if your oven has one. Line a bread tin with non-toxic baking paper;
2) Add the chia seeds to the water, mix well and set aside;
3) Process the almonds/walnuts to make nut meal (Thermomix instructions: speed 7 for 15-20 seconds);
4) Sift the flour and bi-carb into the nut meal mix. Add salt and combine (Thermomix instructions: speed 5 for 15 seconds);
5) Add eggs, vinegar and chia/water mix and combine (Thermomix instructions: mix on reverse speed for 20-30 seconds);
6) Pour batter into the bread tin;
7) Bake for 40-50 minutes until firm to the touch.
Your the bbest
Leave a Reply.
27 POEMS FOR LIVING LOVING AND HEALING EBOOK & AUDIO
FABULOUS FERMENTATION COMPLETE HOME COURSE